Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Monogram Magnificence

As usual, in my wedding planning quest, I have stumbled upon some things that I feel compelled to purchase, even if they aren't completely necessary...

Exhibit A: custom monograms!

I stumbled upon a bevy of monograms on Etsy one day, and I couldn't stop drooling over them. At first, I couldn't decided which I preferred: a stamp version, or a digital pdf version…both have great possibilities…

On one hand, I love the rubber stamp option…I can use it to stamp the envelopes on our Save The Date’s, and possibly on our invitations. I could use it to stamp our favor bags…programs…the list could go on!

I love the stamps from Modern Art Stamps’s Etsy shop…


Lovestocreatestamps also has some beautiful designs…I'm particularly fond of this one:

On the other hand, the pdf graphics could be useful as well…programs, stickers…you name it!

I love the tree designs by WeddingMonograms




And the birds...(also by WeddingMonograms) are adorable!

Lovelogos’ shop is just too cute…

And then...I stumbled upon monograms by Foxglove Design, and the decision was made instantly...for $20 I received 4 different custom monograms...and they were oh so very perfect for our wedding (all images from Foxglove Design's Etsy shop):

I LOVE how they are all a little different, and that I will be able to use them for a variety of projects! I ordered mine without our wedding date, so that I can continue to use them after the big day as well! You'll see one of these beauties popping up again very soon, as it will be making an appearance on a very special piece of stationary!


Did you/are you planning on having a custom monogram created for your wedding? Did you use a digital file, or a stamp?

8 comments:

  1. This is so funny! I JUST posted about my first Etsy purchase which happens to be from Modern Art Stamps! We just got a simple monogram one! Check it out :)
    The birds are really cute! It's tough to decide. Although I do like the blue tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the first and last ones.
    Thank you for posting about this, I think I'm going to order a return address stamp from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the simplicity and uniqueness of the first design. We have birds as well, but mine's just a simple stamp thing. Yours will look more professional!

    I'm secretly addicted to Etsy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are actually working on this now. I had originally designed a simple monogram myself using just our names and wedding date. But now that our invitations are almost done and we have a custom designed graphic that is being used on the invites and all the stationery, I have just asked my sis to create a new monogram using the fonts and graphic from the invites. :) Hopefully I'll have something to share soon. As Chocolate Lover indicated, those monograms from Etsy are all great and I would love any of them...just depends on what look and style you're going for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. do a pdf and then have that made into a custom stamp-this way you have both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these!! Thanks for giving me something to do tonight because I'll be aalll over these Etsy stores.

    ReplyDelete