Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flowers in her hair...


Lets talk about hair pieces! In the course of my dress shopping process, I did try on a veil or two, but was left feeling a little "blah" about them. They are classic, but are they "me?" I wasn't so sure. I knew that even if I did wear a veil, it would only be for the ceremony, so I reasoned that it would probably be a better use of my hair stylist's efforts to wear a beautiful flower instead! I would be terrified to make the switch post-ceremony without destroying my hair!

So, I began my Etsy search for the perfect hair flower. And I'll be honest...I'm not done quite yet. I came across this flower first from Y&E Bridal, and I quickly purchased it:


When it arrived, I tore into the package with reckless abandon (ok, scratch that...I was actually very careful because of how delicate it is...but you get the point)! I took a few crude pictures with it shoved into a ponytail...




I really do love the flower; the lace matches the color of my dress PERFECTLY, so I know it would be a great compliment. However, part of me also longs for something that makes a little more of a statement than this flower, since I plan on wearing very very little jewelry and a simple hair style; maybe something a little bigger perhaps? This flower does lay rather flat. Thankfully, I have it on hand just in case I can't find something I like better in the coming months!



So, what do you think hive? Should I go big or go home? What kind of hair piece did you/are you wearing?

6 comments:

  1. It looks really pretty! I'm considering doing a hair flower as well - I think they look very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm planning on making one to wear for our reception after I take my veil off. Your's is beautiful! And I did notice your hair has grown a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you doing a low bun-style thing? I think having it on the side and low (think SE or SW quad) of the bun would look nice... kind of nestled in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it looks SO pretty in your hair. I've been thinking recently that I want to do a hair flower instead of a birdcage veil. You've given me more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete