Monday, March 22, 2010

A magnificent mantle

So...remember my venue? If you recall, Mr. Buttons and I will be holding our wedding ceremony in front of Carlouel's huge stone fireplace...

(personal photo)



It is gorgeous on its own, clearly...but something was missing. Mommy Buttons and I were a bit perplexed as to why their fireplaces don't have mantles (there is a matching fireplace opposite the one we will be standing in front of for the ceremony)! I mean, that is pretty standard, right? And...there are such beautiful possibilities for decor with one!


Source


Source


Source


Source



At first, Mommy Buttons and I passed the idea of building our own mantle back and forth. Then, when we had a meeting with the club manager, my mom mentioned that we were thinking about constructing one, and asked if that would be ok with him. The response we received was unbelievable.


They...are...constructing...one...for...us!


Actually, they are constructing two mantles; one for each of the fireplaces. They will be removable, so the club manager will be able to use them in the future for different events - how cool! But, since they are being created for our wedding, he is building them based on our specifications/requests.


I wanted to jump up and down and do a happy dance when I learned the good news...and then began pondering how we will decorate our creation! At the moment, we are planning on filling it with large white pillar candles, as well as a lush display of flowers that match the bridal party bouquets! I can hardly wait to see how it all comes together!




Did you construct/have anything constructed for your wedding? What was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment