Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gathering my hair inspiration

If you've been following along, you might recall that a few months ago I started to gather some hair inspiration.


Over the course of the past few months, I slowly built up a folder of images that I had stumbled upon. Seriously, for those of you with "medium" length straight hair, it can be daunting. I was constantly bombarded with images of gorgeous brides with low, loose, curly buns...messy yet beautiful hairstyles that I drooled over. The thing is, I LOVE my straight hair...from day to day. However, this is the ONE time in my life that I was wishing my hair had some texture! Alas...


Although the pictures were hard to come by, I managed to gather a small collection of feasible and achievable hairstyle inspirations to bring with me to the salon for my hair trial...


Source


Source


Ok, first of all...I just adore Reese Witherspoon. What I really love about this hairstyle is the volume on the top...it isn't a ballerina bun that is flattened to her skull!



Source

Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy are so cute! I really liked the placement of this hairstyle.



Source

You may recognize this chignon photo from my original post. I like that you can tell the model doesn't have too much hair, because I sure do not! Upon further consideration though, I realized that I don't like the idea of having bangs falling down in front of my face. End of May in Florida = humid, and I know that bangs would turn into a greasy mess...



Source

Ohhh my gosh I adore this hairstyle! I saved it, but was unsure if it would be possible with my hair...but I decided to bring it along regardless!




Some more bun-loving goodness...because I can...



Did you have a hard time finding some hair inspiration? Is anyone else in the straight, short hair boat? What look did you/are you going for?

No comments:

Post a Comment