Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sometimes I'm decisive

When it came to selecting bridesmaid dresses, I surprised myself by being pretty darn decisive.

I wanted to make the bridesmaid dress process as easy and streamlined as possible, since my ladies are all from different states. I immediately honed in on J Crew’s bridesmaid collection. I figured that they would be familiar with sizing, since it is a pretty common store. There is a great selection available in colors, fabrics, and dress styles.

Because the wedding is at the end of May in Florida, I knew that I wanted short dresses. I also zeroed in on the silk chiffon options, in the hopes that they would stay cool with a light and breezy fabric.

Then, the color selection. After ordering a few swatches of the silk chiffon, I decided that the Vintage Blue was best suited for the look I was going for.

As for the dress style? I decided to let the girls decide for themselves. I am not a huge fan of everyone matching (although if they all wanted the same dress, then I would have been fine with that), so the dress options that J Crew offered provided my party with some variety.

So, what will my maids be wearing? MOH L and BM A are going to be wearing the Sophia:


BM K will wear the twist tank dress:


BM L will wear the Juliet:


All images from J Crew

Overall, I am excited that there will be variety in my bridesmaids’ dresses, yet the color will be cohesive! I went ahead and created another inspiration board for the overall look for my bridesmaids:

Bridesmaids dresses: J Crew, Flower earrings, Hair Pin Set, Chandelier earrings, Bird earrings,Turquoise bead necklace, Leaf earrings, Fabric flower necklace



Was your bridesmaid dress search long and drawn out, or did you make a quick decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment