Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Testing...testing...is this thing on?

Wow. For as verbose as I typically am, I’m officially at a loss for words. This is just ridiculous!

Well, lets start off with something simple: HELLO hive! I am so incredibly overjoyed to be here, words can’t even explain! And honestly, this could not have come at a better time. I was already excited about this week (who doesn’t love some extended holiday cheer?), but this was the Christmas present I was secretly hoping Santa would bring me! Well, OK, so it was Mrs. Penguin who actually did the gift giving last week, and if you want to be technical about it, penguins are only native to the south…I’m just going to consider her my South Pole Santa this year!


So, I suppose you’d like to know a little bit about me, perhaps? To start, I’m a professional nomad…I feel like I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve moved, but it is around 15-ish…boy do I know how to pack a box! However, my family has called Florida home for the past 10 years, so I suppose that is “where my heart is,” if you will. Other than my multitude of moves, I truly enjoy some of the usual things; wine, cooking, reading, singing along to music in the car at the top of my lungs, eating large quantities of ice cream on a nightly basis (you think I’m kidding…but this is no joke), and most recently…planning my wedding!

On the other hand, Mr. Buttons is a Florida native. That is, he was until he picked up and moved to Virginia with me this fall! He is, in my opinion, the most genuine, most caring, most devoted guy on the planet (I’m biased, what can I say?). He’s always on hand to help me out with manly things such as killing bugs, hanging pictures, and taking the dog outside when I think it is too cold to leave the apartment. And, he’s an Eagle Scout to boot, which would come in handy if I were the type to go camping. I’ll just say that he has yet to persuade me.

And I’m sure you’re wondering, why Miss Buttons? Well, first of all, one of my biggest DIY projects for the wedding involves a few hundred buttons (you’ll just have to wait a bit to find out about them). Also, as a rather small human, I have been referred to as being “cute as a button” on occasion…so I thought it would be fitting! After running it by the Mister, he agreed that we should officially be known as The Buttons from here out!

As for our wedding, I’m working hard to create a lighthearted and whimsical affair, replete with birds, branches, and baby’s breath. I have a lengthy list of DIY projects, as I cringe at the thought of paying someone to do something that I can accomplish myself (yep…control freak here!). I’m kicking it into high gear, since the wedding is a mere 5 months away at this point! I can’t wait to share my progress and experiences with you all, so thank you in advance for following along!


So….hive…what’s shakin?

No comments:

Post a Comment