Monday, December 28, 2009

Asking the Button bridesmaids...

So...all of my bridesmaids are from out of state (I like to make my life complicated). I honestly tear up when I think about how far away I always am from my best friends! As the time came to ask them the big question, I was pondering the best way to do it! A phone call is nice, but I was hesitant to do it. Then, I was out running some errands at Target, I wandered into the card section. It was there that I came upon the most wonderful card...and a light bulb went on! Check it out!


...and I have 4 bridesmaids...it was meant for me!

Perfect - who gets snail mail anymore? I think the cards were just beautiful, and I was able to personalize each one, recalling fond memories from our friendship. I thought they turned out great (mind you, this occurred before my DIY obsession began...so store-bought cards were all I knew at that point!!!)!

The finished product, replete with my ramblings!

So...who are the Button Bridesmaids?


MOH: My bestest buddy - L! We met in college through a mutual friend (and now bridesmaid) K. We all went out to dinner together one night, and K assured me that L and I would be best friends by the end of the night. She was exactly right...and we've been attached ever since! L is also busy planning her October 2010 wedding...so exciting!

Bridesmaid K! We met our freshman year of college. We both joined the same sorority, so we were constantly at meetings and events together!!! Since college, we've been lucky enough to schedule some fun times together in Atlanta where she was at grad school; we always manage to have an exciting time together!



Bridesmaid A! My beloved little sister in my sorority...we first met during my sophomore year of college. For those of you who know what I am talking about, I was busy "shopping" for littles out of potential new pledges...and I set my sights on this one! She is a red-haired clone of myself, we always just "get" each other! She is currently at medical school...I'm pretty sure that she's going to save the world someday.



Bridesmaid L! We have been friends since our freshman year of college when we pledged our sorority together. We lived together during our sophomore year, and senior years. We've had so many adventures together...from teaching her how to pump her own gas (she's from Jersey), to jumping in the huge fountain after graduation!



Are you having a wedding party? If so, are any of your bridesmaids from out of town?

No comments:

Post a Comment