Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hair Through the Years

My hair style has never been on the long side. As a baby, I was bald for quite some time, so my hair was naturally short for the first few years of my life.

Around kindergarten, I acquired the somewhat mushroom-like shaped hair cut.

I did rebel for a short time during middle school. I mean, come on, all the girls had long hair! I felt the need to conform, can you blame me? Thus began the awkward stage of long hair, bangs, braces, and some pretty awful clothes. I prefer not to share photos of that time, just trust me that they are bad. Just think: Converse sneakers with tube socks jocked up to mid calf. Ugh.

When I started high school, I received the chop…to right about the shoulders. Which then evolved to a short cut by my chin/ears during high school/early college.

During college, it fluctuated (I had a traumatic experience with a hairdresser who “slipped” when cutting my hair…and it was left at about 3 inches long total...even shorter than the picture above...the week before sorority recruitment. Ouch.). And, apparently I learned to like color during college, as my hair transformed into an auburn/red hue!

After college, I sported the inverted bob with bangs. And...I got sick of the red hair. In an attempt to return to my natural color, I dyed my hair what looked on the box to be dark brown, but turned out to be more black in reality.

This eventually washed out, and I was left with a side banged version of the inverted bob that I love.

…and then I got engaged. And I promptly decided that I am going to have to grow out my hair. Because, well…there is just not a ton of “hair”spiration, if you will, for short haired brides out there. Currently, my hair is about an inch or so past my shoulders.

A relatively current photo for reference's sake (add an inch!)



Did you have any hair/fashion successes or failures as a kid? And, did you immediately start growing out your hair in preparation for your wedding?

2 comments:

  1. Is that Dave Warfel in the background? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope...I am a short haired girl and will be a short haired bride!! It's tough to find inspiration pics, but they are out there!

    ReplyDelete