Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Make me beautiful...

One of the more difficult aspects of living a distance away from your wedding location is that it is sometimes hard to make appointments or set trial sessions for certain wedding details! It isn't easy to taste cakes, to hear a band play live, or to have a hair or makeup trial from long distance!
Since I didn't have time to find a makeup artist before I moved to Virginia last fall, I had to do it once I returned to Florida. Yes, I was cutting it close, but sometimes I work well under pressure! In my search, I came across Camposecco Artistry, and I requested more information. After speaking with Donna, we set up a time for a makeup trial!
A few weeks ago, Mommy Buttons and I met up with Donna at her home studio. And...she proceeded to make me look absolutely stunning!

We started with airbrush foundation. I had never been airbrushed before, and I really enjoyed it! Aside from the fact that it sprayed me with cold blasts of air (it is HOT here in Florida right now), it went on very smoothly and did not feel heavy at all!
She brushed translucent powder under my eyes to catch the remnants of eye makeup as she applied it. And, because I love you all so much, I'm going to show you a photo. This is frightening...

I was in awe of how amazing my eyes turned out in the end; they were dramatic yet still understated and romantic.


We also tested out fake eyelashes; I think they really gave the look a nice pop!

After the makeup trial was complete, I found myself longing for a hair trial as well. It was clear from the makeup trial that Donna understood the vision I had for my bridal look, and I wanted to see what she could do with my hair as well! She was kind enough to oblige me, and promptly got to work.





We went for a low chignon, placed off center. On the day of the wedding, Donna will add some "extra" hair to the chignon for a fuller effect. I loved it; the look was simple, chic, and it still looked like me!


I thought the complete transformation with both hair and makeup was fabulous! I couldn't stop staring at myself when I walked into the bathroom (or any other room with a mirror, or a car window, or any other reflective surface, for that matter). I took a few photos at night before I took my hair down and washed my face...still lookin good!



I can't wait to see myself in full wedding gloriousness on the big day!


Did you have a successful hair/makeup trial? Did he/she understand your vision for bridal beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment