Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy Buttons!



I wanted to stop and take a few minutes to talk about Mommy Buttons. I mean, it IS Mother's Day after all...

I feel like I'm probably biased, but I really do believe that I have the greatest mom in the entire world.

From the tender age of about 2 or 3, she somehow managed to put up with my many neuroses (for instance, my food had to be placed in specific locations on my plate, or else I freaked out...I could list a few more, but you might think I'm insane).

She had to deal with this face...I'm not sure how she survived...

Still, she kept on humoring me by cutting my PB&J sandwiches out with cookie cutters (can't have crust!!!) and packing them in my lunch bag with sour cream and onion chips and an orange Hi-C juice box (I ate this pretty much every single day...I was a strange kid). Ah, a mother's love, right?

My family relocated a number of times during my childhood. I had new schools, new houses, and I had to make new friends. Consequently, Mommy Buttons turned into my best (and most constant) friend.

And...to this day she still is! We shop together, we cook together, and we chat like girlfriends on a daily basis. If I need advice, I turn to her. She has always been one of my biggest fans.

So, for the past 11 months, she has been right there beside me during the wedding planning process. From conceptualizing decor, to vendor meetings, to dress fittings and the like, she has been there for everything. And, in a few short days, all of our planning will come to fruition. I'm not sure that I know how to thank her enough for all of her help...in planning and in life in general. So, for now, I just wanted to say -

I love you mom! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment