Thursday, April 8, 2010

Boudoir photos with a twist...

Hive, its time to get a little...sexy...


I've noticed that it is rather commonplace for a bride to add a special portrait session in with their wedding photography. Enter...the boudoir session. Brides don some sexy outfits, have photographs taken, and present them to their groom as a wedding gift. Very cute (or should I say...scandalous...)!


I've been thinking about this myself, and if I would want to do something like this for Mr. Buttons. One day while browsing through my Google Reader, I came across a boudoir session. I shifted my laptop over to Mr. Buttons and asked him what he thought. He furrowed his brow a bit and then asked me, "what would I do with them???"


Fair enough, I guess. He does have a good point; it isn't like he would be taking around the photos and showing them off to his friends (I hope...). But nevertheless, I still like the idea. However, since Mr. Buttons didn't exactly sound all that thrilled about the traditional boudoir photos (I know...what is wrong with him???), I wanted to ponder an alternative that would perhaps give the same effect.


And then...as I was shopping for some new swimwear for the summer season, I had an epiphany. Why hadn't I thought of this sooner??? If you've been following me from the beginning, you might recall that Mr. Buttons and I first met each other at the beach. Well, what better location for a "boudoir" session? I mean, I already know that Mr. Buttons doesn't mind seeing me in a bikini: he's snuck a few photos here and there when we've been at the beach...





So...instead of donning some sexy lingerie, I'd wear a pretty little two piece number, and maybe take some pictures like this...


Following photos from Victoria's Secret:








Now...the only questions would be - 1: who the heck is going to make me look sexy like that (I am good at "cute," but "sexy" still evades me)? And 2: can my photographer photoshop in some gorgeous abs for me? Haha...




So, what do you think of a "nontraditional" boudoir session at the beach? Are you planning to/have you done a boudoir session to present to your SO? How did you decide what you'd wear?


No comments:

Post a Comment