Friday, February 5, 2010

Dressing the Dudes Part 2: THE suit

Ok...so you've already heard about our suit shopping debacles...I bet you'd like to see how it turned out!

When Mr. Buttons and I were in Florida for Thanksgiving, we inevitably wanted to check for any amazing Black Friday sales. Normally, I do not get up at the crack of dawn to shop, but if there is something particularly good on sale I can be convinced to do so. When the Black Friday ads came out, Mr. Buttons noticed the Kohl's insert, which I had passed over (foolishly). Annnnd guess what? They were having a sale on their suits until noon! My ears immediately perked up.

So...Mr. Buttons and I arrived at Kohl's at 8am the day after Thanksgiving to scout out the suiting! I must say, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The suit separates that were on sale were by Apt. 9, and they had a very nice textured charcoal suit that fit Mr. Buttons very well!

Don't judge me, lurking in the mirror...I didn't shower...


One of Mr. Buttons' groomsmen showed up to Kohls while we were shopping as well, and he and his wife liked it as well! Yay! And, do you know what we liked even more? The price!

Original price for coat and pants: $300
Sale price (with an additional 15% off coupon): $122

Mr. Buttons went ahead and purchased the suits for all of the groomsmen so we wouldn't have complications. We had to order some of the pieces over the phone at customer service because they didn't have them in stock...but they didn't charge us shipping - yay! And, because it was a sale, we received $10 in Kohl's cash for every $50 we spent...so we racked up $120 in store credit to use at a later date! Don't you just love a good deal?

So, the suit search was finally over! Now...what ever shall they wear underneath that suit?



Did you rent or purchase suits/tuxedos for your wedding? Did you find any good wedding items on sale for Black Friday or after Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. We have Joseph A. Banks here and see their cheesy commericals ALL THE TIME with all the discounts! That is a great idea!

    We are going to do tuxes because Brian likes how they look and who am I to say no when he actually has an opinion for the wedding!~?

    ReplyDelete